Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK, 18+ only. Enter by 28/11/19. Visit https://bishopsgateopeningevent.splashthat.com/ and complete the online form or fill in your personal details at the event to be entered into the Competition. No purchase necessary. Prizes: Two 1-year gym memberships for non members. Prizes: Two 12 pack of Tier 3 PT. Max 1 entry per person. Winners must respond within 7 days in order to claim prize. Visit https://bishopsgateopeningevent.splashthat.com/ for full T&Cs and prize details. Promoter: Equinox.
Full Terms and Conditions:
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid email address are required.
3. Entrants may enter the promotion through one of the following routes:
a. Advance Online Entry: To enter in advance of the event, visit https://bishopsgateopeningevent.splashthat.com/ and complete the online form no later than 8am GMT on the 28th November 2019 and:
I. Enter your personal details (name, address, email address and contact telephone number)
Register for a specific race time slot.
b. Entry at the event: Participants will also be able to complete the same entry process (as detailed above) at the event between 8am and 4pm via iPads supplied by the Promoter’s Brand Ambassadors
4. Event location: Bishops Square, Spitalfields, London, E1 6EG
5. Entry to the promotion is limited to 1 entry per person.
6. Race Details: The race will be a 10-metre sprint on a rubber racetrack. Entrants will race one at a time within their designated time slot between the hours of 8am GMT – 4pm GMT on 28th November 2019.
The Prizes: There will be a total of 2 winners. The fastest male and the fastest female will each win a 1-year basic membership worth £2650 to a new Equinox fitness club in Bishopsgate.
7. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The competition will require particular levels of health and fitness. Entrants should ensure that they are capable of meeting these required standards.
b. Participants acknowledge that the event involves physical activity and that they will not be able to participate if they suffer from any medical condition that may be adversely affected by participation, including, but not limited to, back, neck or heart problems, broken bones and pregnancy
c. The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs
d. Full Prize details can be found at https://www.equinox.com/join-membership/875.
8. Winner Selection: All valid entries received during the Promotion Period (subject to moderation) will be judged by an objective computer programme which will determine who crosses the finish line first. Winner selection will take place immediately following the finish of the final race to select 2 winners – the fastest running male, and the fastest running female.
9. Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within 2 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 7 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 7 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
10. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
11. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
b. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political agenda.
12. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winners will be made available by the Promoter one month after the close of the Promoter, for a period of 8 weeks. The winners may object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
13. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
14. By entering this Promotion, all entrants hereby grant the Promoter or the Promoter’s designee the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the Promotion. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Promoter or the Promoter’s designee shall be known as “Footage”. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any “Footage” throughout the world for the full unexpired period of such rights and all renewals, reversions and extensions of such period as may be provided under any applicable law throughout the world.
15. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
16. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
17. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
18. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that participant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
19. Should an act, omission, event or circumstance occur which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
20. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prize has been awarded.
22. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
23. By entering this Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
24. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
25. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Equinox London, 15 King Street, London, SW1Y 6QU.